Sunday, 30 September 2012
Friday, 28 September 2012
Thursday, 27 September 2012
Color Blocking and Prints
Hello Readers, I am back with my blog. Today I have brought Color Blocking for you. It is so much fun but don’t know why people hesitate to try this out.
Color Blocking can be done in two ways; choose one to two bold colors or go for adventurous color blocking (where you can pick up any color from your wardrobe that goes with each other)
I have mixed bold colors with print in my attire. I am not sure what fashion critics might say about my experiment but I simply love it.
Top, Sepia / Leggings, Lifestyle / Jacket, Spykar / Bag, Bandra /Shoes, Ginger (Lifestyle) /Specs, Borrowed (From Husband) / Bow , By me
- Colors draw attention, so use them to your advantage. If your problem area is your upper half than wear solid colors on the lower half of your body and vice-versa.
- You can try a top in two solid colors and a bottom in another solid color.
- Add a layer to your clothing with contrasting colors.
Sunday, 23 September 2012
Hi everyone. I know I haven’t updated my blog from past few days. Actually, I was little busy with Ganesh chaturti as I brought Lord Ganesh to my home for the first time. Those who don’t know about Ganesh chaturti, it is the very well known festival in Maharashtra. This festival is to celebrate the birth of lord Ganesha and it lasts for 10 days. I am excited to share my experience of Ganesh chaturti, so here I go :-
I kept Ganeshji for 1 and half day. I did all the decoration myself, I made modak and coconut sweets (I was little nervous as I made it for the first time but my husband said that it turn out to be really delicious). Meanwhile, I received a mail from my blog reader who suggested me to post a blog on Traditional day at work.
As the festival season is soaring in, all of us are looking to buy new clothes. But this season I have taken an oath that I will not buy new clothes for festivals instead I will recycle my old traditional clothes that came in my trousseau.
Here is the traditional look which you can try at work.
Here I am wearing a Chudidar Kameez with colorful thread embroidery. The outfit is simple yet classy, can be worn easily at work with minimum accessories.
Hair:-I have tied up my hair with a clutcher.
Make up:-I am using light kajal with light lip color.
Accessories:- I am wearing two gold bangles.
Shoes:- Red Stone Flats.
And you can transform it completely to attend festive party after work.
Chudidar Kameez , From my hometown (jammu)/ Flats, Inc.5/ Ear-rings, Zaveri Bazaar/Bangles, gifted by dad and Mom (From my wedding)
I am wearing the same chudidar kameez with heavy ear-rings.
Make up :- Use dark lip shade to glam up your party look with dark kajal. As I am using red lip color.
Accessories:- Statement Ear-rings (These ear- rings goes with almost every Traditional dress)
- You can wear thread kameez which will give you elegant and not so gaudy look at work.
- Avoid wearing heavy accessories at work instead try some delicate gold jewellery.
- Style your outfit with kitten heels or kolapuri or stone traditional Flats.
P.S. I will be uploading more pictures and ideas for upcoming festival season. So Stay tune to keep It stylish with NKN.
Sunday, 16 September 2012
Palazzo – A trend from 60’s
Palazzo pants are back in fashion, they are not only stylish but also comfortable. You must remember the look of deepika padukone in Cocktail. You can choose the plain palazzo pants in bold color or the one with different floral prints and it works perfect for a coffee date or for a movie out. Since palazzo pants are bottom-heavy, flowy and flared around the leg, it will help you look taller and maintain a shapely edge.
I am wearing an azure color palazzo pants with button down white shirt.
- Style your Palazzo pants with plain body hugging blouse and tuck your blouse in the palazzo pants; this will make you look taller.
- You can team your palazzo pants with wedges or flats and a nice bag on the side.
- You can choose the same bold color for your blouse and for the palazzo pants but remember to team them up with neon accessories (belt, bangles, bag etc…)
- Add colorful scarves, belts, bangles and Neckpiece for the complete look.
Wednesday, 12 September 2012
Tuesday, 11 September 2012
Sunday, 9 September 2012
Sundays symbolize the end of a beautiful week and a commencement of new journey, too much philosophical. Isn’t it? For me Sunday is a day of rest, eating out, shopping, fun, Pampering and dressing. This is the day when I get time to pamper my skin and hair with homemade mask, treating my feet with exotic aroma oils in Luke warm water. But how can I leave my Sundays without being Stylish.
Here are some pictures from my Stylish and Lazy Sundays.
Pink is a color for all girls. It adds femininity to looks. You can tuck a pink blouse in a Knee length pants or you can experiment pink bottoms with nude top.
I am wearing a pink blouse with pleated knee length pants which has army buttons on it. I have accessorized my attire with danglers (made out of my bangles), some golden bangles and a spectacular pearl diamond ring. Tip :-If you are wearing statement ear-rings avoid wearing neck piece and vice-versa . A nude color sling bag (My favorite for all season) and dark grey loafers (I didn't want to mix colors of same hue so I chose grey footwear) to complete the look.
Tips for Sunday Styling:-
- Wear nice pants or Capri with bright color to spice up your Sunday afternoons. If you are heading for a brunch, you can team up your attire with over sized clutch and flats.
- For dinner, you can wear colored bottoms with nude blouses and pair them with party sling bag and pumps.
- A nice cherry shade lip balm and little kajal will glam your look be it Sunday afternoons or evenings.
Tuesday, 4 September 2012
Monsoon is the best season to explore the beauty of nature into the outskirts of Mumbai. Most of us are travelling out with friends, family to have fun. But how to keep it stylish during monsoon is a big question that occurs in our mind. Before you run out of curiosity let me give you some ideas to put into action.
I went to a resort called orchard resort in dhanu, which is about 3hrs away from Mumbai.
My look at Orchard resort.
Jumpsuit:- AND @2000 , Belt :-AND with Jumpsuit , Wedges :- Mochi @ 1600 , Neck-piece :- Goa (don’t remember the price) , Hair Flower:- Bandra @10http://www.bloglovin.com/en/myblog
I wore a button down jumpsuit in light color with a wooden color belt. I paired this outfit with dazzling hair flower and Tangerine Tango Nail paint. And I completed this look with a beautiful neck piece and stunning wedges.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with your looks even during monsoons.
Keep It Stylish! :)